Science, Technology, Engineering and Maths (STEM)
Engage and inspire young learners in STEM with our next generation of coding robot, Botley!
100% screen-free, Botley is the ideal introduction to coding.
This comprehensive kit provides you with countless ways to program and use this coding robot - no smartphone or tablets required!
- Botley engages children as young as 5 years in a basic form of coding utilising step coding and logic
- Encouraging early programming skills will develop critical thinking and problem solving in young learners
- Children can easily program Botley to perform a variety of actions:
- Move forward (one step at a time)
- Turn left
- Turn right
- Reverse (one step at a time)
- Detect object
- Avoid object
- Make a sound
- Loop, to repeat a step or sequence
- Children can program up to 80 steps in one sequence
- Once a sequence has been programmed press transmit and watch Botley roll!
- One step is approximately 20cm
- Introduce smart logic with the object detection feature
- Botley features LED lights on the top that show the direction of each step
- Botley has a special sensor underneath, draw a bold black line and watch Botley follow it
- This bumper Botley set comes with everything you need to create obstacle courses for endless hours of fun:
- Botley The Coding Robot
- Easy-to-use Remote Programmer
- Detachable Robot Arms
- 40 Coding Cards
- Six boards
- A sheet of stickers for customization
- A variety of accessories to create obstacles and activities for Botley: Eight sticks, 12 cubes, two cones, two flags, two balls and a goal
- Encourage children to lay out the coding cards in their desired sequence before programming Botley. This will help them plan and visualize Botley's path
- Detachable robot arms enable Botley to move objects. Why not program Botley to move a ball into the goal!?
- Botley measures 13cm W x 7cm H x 8.5cm D
- Botley requires 3 AAA batteries (not included)
- Remote Programmer requires 2 AAA batteries (not included)
- Multilingual activity guide includes a variety of activity ideas