Get the STRUCTURES: Buildings and Bridges set and learn all about buildings and how they literally support our lives!
Construct different types of bridges and find out how their architecture design provides massive weight support.
Discover all the types of forces applied and how engineers manage to reduce their effects.
Build 9 working models such as a house, a pyramid and various types of bridges: beam, arch, truss, cable-stayed and suspension bridge.
- Snap-fit connectivity in any direction and angle.
- Extraction tool for easy disassembly.
- Easy-to-follow building instructions.
- All parts are non-toxic and made to last. Vibrant coloured parts.
- Printed instruction are included.
- The Discovering STEM series introduces children into the world of STEM disciplines (Science – Technology – Engineering and Mathematics) through a completely new learning approach!
- Boys and girls can construct exciting models while learning scientific and technological subjects and doing experiments in each theme.
- 38-page booklet with theory, experimental activities, quiz and building instructions!
- Full colour images, drawings and interesting facts.
- Thought provoking building challenges and exercises.
- Provision to write, note results and draw conclusions.
- 9 working models to build! 3D interactive instructions to download on your smart device.
- Conduct thorough experiments and discover:
- How triangulation provides strength on a building
- What are the main types of forces acting on structures
- How do trusses work
- What are the major types of cable bridges.
- All models are available as interactive 3D instructions viewed either from a PC or from smartphones and tablets through the ENGINO 3D Viewer app, downloadable for free in Android, Apple (iOS) and Windows mobile operating systems.
Product Material: ABS Plastic and TPE