An Introduction to the Fastest-Selling Computer in the World:
- The Raspberry Pi is a credit card-sized computer that plugs into your TV and a keyboard.
- It is a capable little computer which can be used in electronics projects, and for many of the things that your desktop PC does, like spreadsheets, word processing, browsing the internet, and playing games.
- It also plays high-definition video.
- This book takes you step-by-step through many fun and educational possibilities.
- Take advantage of several preloaded programming languages.
- Use the Raspberry Pi with Arduino.
- Create Internet-connected projects.
- Play with multimedia.
- With Raspberry Pi, you can do all of this and more.
- Shawn Wallace is an editor at O'Reilly and lives in Providence, RI.
- He is also a member of the Fluxama artist collective responsible for new iOS musical instruments such as Noisemusick and Doctor Om.
- He designed open hardware kits at Modern Device and taught the Fab Academy at the Providence Fab Lab.
- For years he was the managing director of the AS220 art space and is a cofounder of the SMT Computing Society.
- Matt Richardson is a San Francisco-based creative technologist and contributing editor to Make: Magazine.
- He's the owner of Awesome Button Studios, a consultancy focused on blending creativity and technology.
- After graduating with a Master's from New York University's Interactive Telecommunications Program (ITP) in 2013, he continued his work there as a resident research fellow.
- Matt is the co-author of Getting Started with Raspberry Pi and the author of Getting Started with BeagleBone and Getting Started with Intel Galileo.